Yes, stretch marks can also affect men! It’s a common misconception that only women get them because of pregnancy. While pregnancy is one of the most common causes for stretch marks, over 25% of sufferers are men (HRA internal).
- Causes include sudden weight gain or quick muscle mass increase
- Genetics and hormones can play a part in the chances you’ll get stretch marks.
- Whatever you’re planning to change your body shape – do it slowly.
- Stay hydrated and use moisturiser to help prevent stretch marks.
- Products are available that help reduce the appearance of stretch marks.
- What are male stretch marks?
- What causes stretch marks for men?
- What do stretch marks look like?
- How can men prevent stretch marks?
- How can men look after stretch marks?
- The best stretch mark scar products for men
What are male stretch marks?
Stretch marks for men and women are pretty much the same thing. But while pregnancy is one of the largest factors for women, there are other reasons why men might get them too – including puberty, sudden weight gain or a quick increase in muscle mass.